Photos: Bob Knab
Welcome to the home of Holiday Valley // Shred the Love! Our individual team members have combined digital forces to create this awesome fundraising team. Together we will raise more money for Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC) and Camp Good Days than we ever could alone!
Together with The Boardroom, the sixth annual B4BC board-a-thon will be held on February 15, 2014. Activities in the name of breast cancer awareness will include special riding and park clinics for women, a park contest open to men and women snowboarders and skiers, local shop demos, a cancer awareness outreach booth, silent and Chinese auctions and an awards reception party. Proceeds from Holiday Valley's B4BC event will go to the Buffalo area's Women's Oncology Program at Camp Good Days and Boarding for Breast Cancer Awareness Programs.
A BIG thank you to our sponsors...For the THIRD YEAR, the SKM Group integrated marketing communications agency and for the SECOND YEAR, i-Evolve Technology Services, If your company or group would like to be a part of the event please click herefor sponsorship information, and thank you!
Fundraising Goal for 2014..$20,000. Our first 5 years have raised a total of almost $55,000, and with your help we know we can do this!
Check out this awesome video of the 2012 event.
Event Schedule for Februrary 15, 2014:
8:30-10:30 Registration in the Birdie Room, top floor of the Holiday Valley Lodge
10:30 Women's Clinics: Freeride, Park and Learn to Ride. Meet in the Birdie Room.
12:00 Silent Auction Begins in the Birdie Room
12:30 Tribute Ride Down Mardi Gras. Register at Mt. Warming Hut at noon. $10 donation.
1:00 Breast Trick Contest in 42/78 Park at Foxfire
3:30 Awards, Reception and Auction in the Birdie Room, upstairs in the Holiday Valley Lodge
All Day - visit the B4BC cancer outreach awareness tent and the demo tents on the Resort Services Center Plaza
Registration form for Clinic and/or Park Event. Fill out and fax to 716-699-5204 or mail to Holiday Valley, PO Box 370, Ellicottville, NY 14731.
Here's how you can help...
1. Whether you're a snowboarder or skier (or just a really nice person) we welcome everyone to become a fundraiser for the cause. Register and click on "Become A Fundraiser" at the top of the page, then follow the steps to custom create your own campaign. You'll be able to send a link to all of your friends and relatives and they can donate to your page with a click of the mouse. The top 3 fundraisers will win special B4BC prizes. You don't have to participate in the clinic or park event to be a fundraiser.
2. Visit The Boardroom, just around the corner from HV and make a donation. The Boardroom has embraced this event for several years and they help bring in tons of product for prizes and the great auction on the day of the event.
3. Join a snowboarding clinic and/or the terrain event on February 15, 2014. The morning women's clinics include a learn to ride, learn to park and general freeriding clinics. The afternoon park event is open to men and women, snowboarders and free skiers. Entry is $40 for the clinics and/or the event. If you need a lift ticket, it is only $25, purchase at the Registration area. Registration form for Clinic and/or Park Event. Fill out and fax to 716-699-5204 or mail to Holiday Valley, PO Box 370, Ellicottville, NY 14731.
4. Join the Tribute Ride down Mardi Gras at 12:30 on Saturday. Register at the Mountain Top Warming Hut at noon.
5. The 'Pink Lift Ticket Option’ When you purchase a lift ticket starting February 1, you can donate a dollar to the cause and receive a pink ribbon sticker for your ticket or season pass.
6. Pink Silicone Bracelets will be available for $2 in Customer Service.
7. Visit John Harvard's Brew House in February for cool B4BC t-shirts.
8. The B4BC Auction will be held on Feb. 15 on the top floor of Holiday Valley Lodge! Chinese and silent auctions will start at noon for unique items and several themed baskets. For the Chinese auction you purchase tickets then drop them in the cans in front of the item you hope to win. For the silent auction you put your name and bid amount on a sheet, then the highest bidder wins.