Hawktober is an Awareness campaign designed to bring more attention to brain tumors, those diagnosed with them, and survivors. Our supporters will Rock da’ Hawk in October to raise Awareness and generate funds to be used throughout the brain tumor community.
The Hawktober movement was started by three brain tumor survivors – who better to voice the concerns of the brain tumor community than survivors living with the aftermath of treatments?
Did you know…
- More than 60,000 primary brain tumors will be diagnosed in 2011?*
- There are more than 120 different types of brain tumors?*
- It is estimated that more than 600,000 people in the U.S.are living with the diagnosis of aprimary brain tumor?*
Yet, research for brain tumors is dramatically under-funded compared to other types of cancer. Combine that with the fact that most people are unaware of the severity and side effects of brain tumors and treatment, and you begin to get a glimpse of why Hawktober is so important.
*American Brain Tumor Association
How Can You Help?
1. Create your very own fundraising page by clicking the blue button at the top right of this page.
2. Take picture of yourself "Rockin da' Hawk" and set it as your profile.
3. Personalize your pagw with pictures, videos, and text letting epople know why your raising money for this creat cause.
4. Send your page to friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, and email!
5. Raise as much money as possible during the month of 'Hawktober" for Mass Kickers Foundation!