Join TEAM TILTH at the Oakland Running Festival!
RUN for TEAM TILTH!
Urban Tilth is so excited to be hosting our 1st team in the 2014 Oakland Running Festival!
Run for your health, run for your family, run for our youth, run for fresh healthy food in our community - Run for TEAM TILTH!
Sunday, March 23, 2014
* Races begin at 7:30am
Downtown Oakland (exact meeting location TBA)
We will be hosting Team Tilth runners in all races:
- Kids Fun Run
- 5k (3 miles)
- Relay (about 6-7 miles per runner)
- Half-Marathon (13 miles)
- Marathon (26 miles)
JOIN OUR TEAM!
There are 3 ways your can join TEAM TILTH:
- RUN with TEAM TILTH - Become a Team Tilth RUNNER
- DONATE to TEAM TILTH - Become a DONOR, support our runners and help spread the word...
- VOLUNTEER for TEAM TILTH - Become a race day VOLUNTEER. It will be fun guaranteed!
TO BECOME A RUNNER:
- STEP 1: Take the CHALLENGE - each Team Tilth runner must except a challenge to raise a minimum of $250 to support the Urban Tilth's work to transform the food system. Of course we would love it if you could raise more, but $250 in donations will get you on the team. Our board has vowed to help all runners meet their goal and ALL donations are tax-deductible.
- STEP 2: REGISTER - Registration is FREE! Just click on the "Become a FUNDRAISER" button above and complete the REGISTRATION form. PLEASE NOTE: All registered members of Team Tilth who have accepted the challenge and have raised their 1st $50 will automatically be registered with the Oakland Running festival by Urban Tilth you will receive email confirmation of your registration.
- STEP 3: ASK for DONATIONS - Set up your personal fundraiser page and start fundraising
- STEP 4: START TRAINING with UT - Contact Teresa Jimenez via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to start training with the team! After you register using the link above, you can also get started training with other members of Team Tilth by joining our Facebook group: Team Tilth (http://www.facebook.com/groups/TeamTilth/)
All TEAM TILTH Runners will receive:
- A LOVELY *Team Tilth 2014* Commemorative T-shirt
- Training support and invites to pre-event practice walks and runs
- Support reaching your fundraising goal!
- Online tools and crowd funding support
- Registration w Oakland Running Festival through Urban Tilth (after your 1st $50 in donations)
- An opportunity to improve your health!
- Satisfaction of helping a great organization transform the food system and bring gardens, farms, education, training and truly green jobs to Richmond!
TO BECOME A DONOR:
- STEP 1: DONATE! No amount is too small... all funds will help Urban Tilth continue to deliver high quality garden, science and nurtirion program in Richmond
- STEP 2: Choose a TEAM TILTH member and DONATE on their personal fundraiser page! We would love to see EVERY TEAM TILTH member make their fundraising goal
- STEP 3: Tell your friends and family, share our links on Facebook, Twitter, and images on Instagram maybe they would like to become a runner or help us reach our fundraising goal
TO BECOME A TEAM TILTH VOLUNTEER:
- STEP 1: Contact Teresa Jimenez via email at email@example.com to find out how you can volunteer on teh day of the event. We need a minimum of 20 event day volunteers to make this happen
- STEP 2: If you like you can also become a fundraiser just click the "FUNDRAISER" link complete the registration and choose VOLUNTEER as your preferred "race"
Run with us! Let's work together to have fun, get in a little better shape all while helping to transform the food system in West Contra Costa County...
Any way you can support will be deeply appreciated,
The whole Urban Tilth Team
For more information contact: Doria Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org or Teresa Jimenez email@example.com
About Urban Tilth
Urban Tilth cultivates agriculture in west Contra Costa County to help our community build a Urban Tilth cultivates agriculture in west Contra Costa County to help our community build a more sustainable, healthy, and just food system. We hire and train residents to work with schools, community-based organizations, government agencies, businesses, and individuals to develop the capacity to produce 5% of our own food supply.
Founded in 2005 to help build a more sustainable, healthy, and just local food system, Urban Tilth has emerged as a local leader, a catalyst drawing together a variety of individual, discrete initiatives into a web of integrated, food- and community-focused efforts. In sum, we farm, feed, forage, teach, train, build community, employ, and give back. We help our community grow our own food; train and employ our own young people as “home grown experts”; teach our local residents about the relationships among food, health, poverty, and justice; foster public foraging programs; and forge partnerships with local small farmers to increase demand for their produce. We use our 13 school and community gardens and small urban farms to teach and employ community members to grow, distribute, cook, and consume thousands of pounds of local produce each year, to create a more equitable and just food system within a healthier and more self-sufficient community.