B4BC's Skate the Coast [Los Angeles] 2013
You're invited to take part in the 7th Annual Skate the Coast [Los Angeles], an 18-mile longboarding marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising awareness and funds for B4BC's education and prevention programs. Come out and longboard, bike, or skate for Boarding for Breast Cancer on October 5th!
The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for the cause!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $25,000 for the B4BC's outreach and prevention programs. Here's how you can get on board:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4th: KICK-OFF PARTY
>> 7:00-10:00pm Register at this celebratory kick-off event and meet fellow riders at Watermans Safe House for Surfers with pro athletes, raffles, music, food and more (22 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA 90254)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5th: THE SKATE!
8:00AM Shuttle pick-up at Veterans Park (by Redondo Beach Pier)
>>Shuttles take participants to Santa Monica Pier where the skate begins
>>Skate 18 miles on the boardwalk from Santa Monica Pier to Redondo Beach Pier with Hydration Stations along the way
>>Post skate celebration and fundraiser hosted by Wahoo’s Fish Taco (free food for participants, music, raffles, prizes for fundraisers, and more!)
Top 2 fundraisers win a GoPro Hero 3* and skateboards, prizes and more!
*Must fundraise at least $500 to win a GoPro Hero 3
Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet. Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone under 18 years old.
SKATE, BIKE, RIDE for those you love!
Have the time of your life and join the growing community of riders committed to the cause! Some of those who will be Skating the Coast [SoCal] will be dedicating their ride to a friend or loved one. Others just love to shred the love. Whatever your reason, it's guaranteed that your first time won't be your last. It's that awesome.
To participate, ALL RIDERS must fundraise a minimum of $50* (and fill out a waiver!).
Just by asking 3 friends/family members to pledge $1/mile, or asking for a $10 donation from 5 people, you are already past this goal. Or - you can pay the amount yourself but it's more fun to share your journey with others!! You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to help you shred the love.
All participants will receive:
- Sponsor goodie bag and (2) raffle tickets for Friday Kick-Off Party (must be present to win)
- Commemorative "Skate the River/Lake/Coast" series shirt
- If you reach the $50 goal, we will provide you with a waiver at the registration party or email it to you before the event
*If you participated in Skate the Lake your registration fee for Skate the Coast will be reduced to $25 per event. Please contact Liza Tagliati at Liza@b4bc.org for details.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE (For Rad Prizes!)
Raising funds is fun and easy. But in case you need a little nudge, here are some levels of progression worth aiming for:
- ALL SKATERS // MUST raise $50 to participate through online and/or in person fundraising—receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt and (2) kick-off party raffle tickets
- GROM // Raise $100—receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt pro + (10) kick-off party raffle tickets
- BOMB // Raise $200-- receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt, PLUS (15) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($50 value)
- EPIC // Raise $300-- receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt, PLUS (20) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($150 value) and become honorary member of B4BC Brigade - making you eligible for member benefits, free entry to future skates and prizes throughout 2013/2014!
- TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS will be awarded an event sponsor prize pack on the SKATE DAY that could include GoPro cameras*, skateboards and more!! Past prizes have included product/gear from Sector 9, Loaded Boards, Tahoe Longboards, 187 Killer Pads, VonZipper, Nixon, Sun Bum, Arbor, CCS and more...
*MUST fundraise at least $500 to be eligible for GoPro camera prize for top 2 fundraisers
This unique event runs along 18-mile portion of the beautiful Southern California coast between the Santa Monica and Redondo beach pier, part of B4BC's summer long "Skate the..." series, which also included in 2013:
The 1st Annual Skate the [Willamette] River
A 16-mile portion of the Willamette River through the beautiful urban setting of Portland, Oregon
- AND -
The 9th Annual Skate the Lake [Tahoe]
An 18-mile coastline route from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach, CA, with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop.
About B4BC's Skate the Willamette River, Skate the Coast & Skate the Lake
Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation dedicated to providing education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. Through grassroots events, year-round educational outreach and the Survivorship Fund, B4BC is able to further its mission of promoting early detection + a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention. To learn more, visit B4BC.org