WALK FOR KIDS 5K FESTIVAL
7:00AM: Registration Opens
7:30AM: Yoga Warm-Up
7:40AM: Opening Welcome
7:50AM: Walk Pump-Up
8:00AM: Walk START: "Out & Back" 5K along Mission Bay, from Crown Point Shores park to Dawes Street and back.
9:00AM-12:00PM: Festival featuring live music, food trucks, face painting, bounce houses, arts and crafts, Craft Beer Garden, Center's Program Expo, KUSI news coverage and more... this is an event for you, your friends and your family not to miss!
Includes a commemorative T-Shirt, Walk for Kids medal, goody bag, access to the Festival and much more!
Online Registration will be closing at 3pm on Friday, November 1
$15 (17 and under) - $25 (18 and older)
Day-Of Walkers Welcome!
$20 (17 and under) - $30 (18 and older)
(Children 3 and under are free, but need to register to receive the items mentioned above.)
1. Where is the event? We're at Crown Point Shores on Mission Bay. This park is just east of the Ingraham Bridge in south Pacific Beach. Click the map to the right for driving directions.
2. What time does the Walk start? We start at 8:00am, with Check-In opening at 7:00am. Arrive early for coffee, yoga stretch and, of course, a good parking spot!
3. Where do I park? There are three lots available off of Crown Point Drive. We will have parking attendants directing traffic to lots with available spots. If all lots are full, please find parking in nearby residential area.
4. What is the course terrain? Beautiful, flat, sunny with 100% Bay views. Need I say more :)
5. What is the weather like? The Bay will be quite chilly in the morning, but the day is forecasted to be mid-70's and sunny! Bring a jacket and dress in layers... it will be gorgeous!
6. What does my Registration include? All Registered Walkers will receive a finisher medal, goody bag, commemorative T-shirt and access to the Festival.
7. How will you know I'm registered? All Registered Walkers will receive a Walker Bib - this is your access for the Walk, receiving goody bags, T-shirts & access to the Festival, including the Craft Beer Garden. Walk-ins that morning are welcome to purchase a Bib at Registration to enjoy the event!
8. Will there be food after the Walk? YES! There will lots of healthy snacks and goodies for Walkers at the Festival. A few vendors will be selling additional food, with a portion of sales coming back to the Center. Please bring cash for food trucks, coffee and WOW Factor kids' activities.
9. What is in the Craft Beer Garden? All Walkers 21+ can enjoy beer from Green Flash or Latitude 33 Breweries... be sure to bring a photo ID, as each Walker will be asked to show upon entry.
10. I've got a little one in a stroller - do they need to register? Kids 3 and under do not need to register unless they would like to receive a goody bag, T-shirt and finisher medal. We <3 strollers!
11. Can I bring my dog? We <3 dogs so much, but unfortunately, our permit does not allow dogs at this event (with the exception of service animals.)
12. Where can I find/post pictures after the Walk? Be sure to like us on Facebook and you can post/view pics at facebook.com/sdcenterforchildren
13. Are my donations tax-deductible? YES! The San Diego Center for Children is a 501(c)3 organization with Tax ID# 95-1661089. We thank you for your contribution!
Many thanks to our amazing sponsors for their support!