Re-Branding Birth Control
Seven in ten pregnancies among single women in their 20s in the United States are unplanned. Bedsider has set out to reduce that number by making birth control easier. Maybe even fun.
We started by designing an online birth control network that doesn’t look, sound, or act like any medical information you’ve ever seen. From how to use it and what it costs, to where to get it and what it’s really like to be on it, Bedsider serves up authoritative contraception information in a sexy, friendly, funny way that women have told us they find informative and entertaining. Bedsider’s innovative tools and information are available over the internet, via text, through our mobile site, or over the phone. And access to Bedsider is completely free.
Here’s an overview of Bedsider’s top features:
- Method Explorer: An easy, visual way to compare every available method of birth control.
- Reminders: Sent by text or email, our free reminders help users remember their birth control and healthcare appointments.
- Where To Get It: The most comprehensive list available of where to get birth control ever compiled.
- Real Stories: Videos of real women and men describing their personal experiences with each method.
- Fact or Fiction: Award-winning animated shorts that debunk common contraception myths.
- Articles and More: The latest news, views, answers, and tips about birth control, healthcare, relationships, and sex – including two subscription-based columns, Provider Perspectives and Frisky Fridays.
And it doesn’t stop there. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. We also offer a healthcare provider portal at partners.bedsider.org where we supply a wide array of materials and support for discussing birth control with patients and improving the way they use it. (All of that is free too.)
In fact, Bedsider is constantly developing new content and tools to help women love their bodies, have fun, and find a birth control method that’s right for them—and stick with it—until they’re ready to have a child.
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, a research-based, non-profit, non-partisan organization, makes all of this possible. And for the next three years, we will be working with the Ad Council on a nation-wide roll out of public service announcements (PSAs) in support of Bedsider.
More About This Charity
Most Effective Awareness Campaign by a Charity
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy seeks to improve the lives and future prospects of children and families and, in particular, to help ensure that children are born into stable, two-parent families who are committed to and ready for the demanding task of raising the next generation. Our specific strategy is to prevent teen pregnancy and unplanned pregnancy among single, young adults.
- This charity raised $100,689 in the past year
- This Achievement helped 1,015,343 people
- This charity helped 1,741,346 people in the past year
- A 6% increase in knowledge during pilot assessment, better show-rates for appointments, women report better birth control use & less unprotected sex.