Team LETS Hollywood Half Marathon
Let’s race against stigma!
Let’s Erase the Stigma Educational Foundation (LETS) is a charity for children and a positive force for early education and prevention that saves kids today from tomorrow’s issues: issues like bullying, teen suicide, eating disorders, depression, self-harm, substance abuse, and the fear of talking to adults about things that matter. Just as a marathon or half marathon is a very long race, LETS youth are also on a difficult race: to erase the stigma of mental illness. Let’s invite kids to talk openly and without stigma today, again tomorrow, and even more later. Let’s talk every day! And now that we’re talking...let’s run!
Let’s run the Hollywood Half Marathon on April 7, 2012! If you join Team LETS Hollywood Half and meet the fundraising goal of $500, LETS Educational Foundation will reimburse your race registration fee. We’ll also be stoked to cheer for you as a teammate!
- Register for the run or run/walk of your choice on the official race page: www.hollywoodhalfmarathon.com
- Sign up to run with team LETS as an official team member: http://www.stayclassy.org/charity/lets-erase-stigma-educational-foundation/c6693
- Email email@example.com to introduce yourself. We’ll send you a fundraising toolkit, and a personal email (from a real human!) to thank you and answer any questions.
- For reimbursement of the standard race registration fee, enter your address when you are setting up your fundraising page. We’ll send you a check within three weeks after the race.
- Check your email for Team LETS updates and announcements, and please keep in touch!
Let’s share a story.
Come back soon to read the inspiring story of a local community member who has been affected by stigma and wants to help kids.
Let’s help kids talk.
LETS is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to erasing the stigma of mental illness by funding and developing educational programs, mentoring opportunities, and research possibilities designed to empower youth to change the perception of mental illness. Your donation will go directly to support our children's charity establish LETS Clubs in schools and community centers where students can discuss stigma, learn about mental health, lead their own stigma-erasing projects, and provide peer-to-peer education. We invite you to join Team LETS, a community phenomenon that empowers young people to foster awareness and hope instead of stigma!
Let’s make a difference together.
Please support our exciting race for kids by running with Team LETS in the Hollywood Half Marathon on April 7 or sharing a donation. Suicide is the third leading cause of death for teens, and most teen hospitalizations are the result of a suicide attempt; but only three out of ten individuals with mental illness seek help. Help us tell a new story by giving kids a voice to talk about mental illness and erase the stigma, one conversation at a time.